When you need to connect your base station to the DAS head end but they are not collocated, the Optical Zonu OZ9500 Series BTS-DAS Fiber Transport Link provides the efficient solution. The OZC solution is designed specifically for this application. That means it takes up minimum space, uses the minimum number of fibers and has the minimum impact on the overall system bottom line. The robust design meets all base station reliability requirements.
Utilizing optical CWDM (Coarse Wave Division Multiplexing), the BTS-DAS Fiber Transport Link supports two quad-band sectors with full current and future MIMO using a pair of 1U high rack mount chassis and a single optical fiber. The same architecture can support two or four sectors of quad band SISO services. An optional 1 GbE data link can be added to the same fiber for communication between the sites or for Wi-Fi or small cell backhaul. Using the Optical Zonu media converter and 1 GbE SFP module with built-in mOTDR also provides automatic reporting of the occurrence and exact location of any break in the fiber.
- Full MIMO and SISO support
- Transparent operation in changing RF environments
- Simple set up
- Minimizes equipment and fibers needed for multiple sectors
- Compact chassis and efficient transport architecture conserves rack space
- Flexible configurations for multiple sectors and multiple sites
- Reliability – field proven
- Quick delivery and fast support turnaround time