OZ1603 is a premium grade RF over Fiber transceiver. We designed the OZ1603 for applications that demand very high SFDR and low NF. These modules were built with a Thermoelectric Cooler (TEC) to assure a High level of RF performance over a wide range of temperature variations. A pair of OZ1603 transceivers will create a two-way bidirectional RF to Optical and Optical to RF link. OZ1603 can also be configured as individual Transmitter (Tx) or Receiver (Rx) units if necessary. OZ1603 is an excellent alternative to using coaxial cable systems and offers significant improvements in the transport of high frequency RF signals in their native format reliably across broad range of frequencies. It has low Noise Figure (NF) and high Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR), with operational frequencies from 47 MHz to 3.0 GHz or more.
The OZ1603 is designed as a compact RF plug and play device that is easily integrated into your existing platform. It has a very low failure rate with an MTTF at room temperature of 20 years. Virtually any analog RF signal that falls within its bandwidth range can be transported over fiber optic cable using the OZ1603 module. Typical applications in which the OZ1603 can be utilized include, but are not limited to, IF Satcom Band, L Band, S Band, C Band, GPS, PCS Cellular, Wi-Max, 4G LTE, VHF, UHF, QAM, Timing and Frequency signal distribution over fiber.
Standard optical connector is SC/APC for low back reflection but FC/APC is also available. OZ1603 Rx features a high performance InGaAs photodiode and Tx is based on a linear Isolated Cooled DFB Lasers operating at 1.3 µm or 1.5 µm. Average Automatic Power Control (AAPC) is incorporated for optimal optical power stability over the full temperature range. RF interface is via a 50 Ohm SMA connector. Alarm monitoring and power input is via male DB-9 connector and +12 Volts DC is required to operate this device.
- Rugged Dust-Tight Packaging
- Approx Size: 3 x 5 x 1.25 in.
- Weight: 3/4 lb.
- 30 MHz to 3.0 GHz Bandwidth
- 1.3 and/or 1.5 μm Cooled DFB Lasers with Thermoelectric Cooler
- Exceptionally High Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR)
- -40C to +75C Operating Temperature
- Automatic Optical Power Control
- Manual Gain Adjust (MGA)
- Built-in Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- CWDM Wavelength Lasers
- Internal WDM for single fiber functionality
- Extended Bandwidth 10 KHz to 3.3 GHz
- Multimode Fiber Compatibility
- Wide DC Input Range of +18 V to +30 V Supply
- Diagnostics and control functions through digital Serial interface (I2C)
- In‐Building DAS Solutions
- Cellular Backhaul
- Remote Antenna Location
- GPS Signal Distribution
- Timing & Frequency Signal Distribution