The J-Series is a modular EIA 310-D Standard 19 inch 1U rack-mounted unit with up to 10 slots. An expanded 10-slot J Chassis can hold up to 64 RF over Fiber interchangeable and hot swappable OZ101 modules or 18 RF over Fiber OZ450/OZ510/OZ516 units. Standard 5-slot J Chassis holds up to 32 OZ101 or 8 OZ450/OZ510/OZ516 modules. Both J-Series chassis can also accommodate multiples of other high performance, broadband, fiber optic transceivers, transmitters and receivers. The J-Chassis provides flexibility, scalability, and functionality to help construct multi-task, RFoF and Digital sub-systems.
There are two types of the basic J Series 1U chassis:
- 8 inches single-deep 1U FRONT-loading 5-Slot version
- 14 inches double-deep 1U FRONT-loading and BACK-loading 10-Slot version.
Each slot can hold hot swappable J modules which contain transceivers, power supply or individual receivers or individual transmitters. For a fully populated chassis designed to operate in an uncooled environment two optional fans may be installed per each set of five modules. The double-deep 14-Slot version has four (4) fans and the single-deep 5-slot version has two (2) fans. The fans are operated so to maintain a customer-set maximum temperature.
The J400 RFoF module building blocks are based upon the OZ450, OZ510 or OZ516 products, and may be populated with up to 9 pairs of these transceivers or up to 18 individual transmitters and/or receivers.
The J800 RFoF building block consists of OZ101 products. The 5-Slot chassis can hold up to 16 pairs, or 32 individual, OZ101 modules and the 10-Slot chassis can be populated with up to 32 pairs, or 64 individual, OZ101 modules. Each of these RFoF Links is capable of carrying an individual RF signal over single mode (SMF-28) fiber optic cable (multimode fiber cable also available).
The J-Series chassis is powered by hot-swappable Universal 85 VAC to 260 VAC, 100 W power supplies. Dual supplies are recommended for 10-Slot version for redundancy. Complex alarm functions are available for each transmitter and receiver via a micro USB connector in the front and rear panel of the J-Chassis. Front panel LED indicators provide visual status of each of the inserted module operation. Also individual and the cumulative link status may be read with granularity down to individual parameters (e.g. received power, temperature, etc.)
J400 Series REMOTE SLOT ENCLOSURE
Individual J-Modules are housed in J-Slots which can be used as standalone remote units. Each remote J-Slot enclosure can accept a single module, hence can be configured as a transceiver, receiver or individual transmitter. Also, it may hold up to 2 transmitters or 2 receivers. The remote J-Slot Enclosure is powered by DC +12 V power supplies. Complex alarm functions are available via the micro USB connector and the front panel LED indicators provide visual indication of link status.
J800 Series REMOTE SLOT ENCLOSURE
Individual J-Modules are housed in J-Slots which can be used as standalone remote units. Each remote J-Slot enclosure can accept a single module, hence can be configured as a transceiver, receiver or individual transmitter. The J800 Series remote module can hold up to 4 transceivers, 8 transmitters or 8 receivers. The remote J-Slot enclosure is powered by DC +12 V power supplies. Complex alarm functions are available via the micro USB connector and the front panel LED indicators provide visual indication of link status.[tabs] [tab title=”Features”] [list style=”list7″ color=”red”]
- 10-Slot J Series holds up to 64 individual or 32 pairs of OZ101 modules
- 10-Slot J Series holds up to 16 individual or 8 pairs of OZ450, OZ510 or OZ516 modules
- 5-Slot J Series holds up to 32 individual or 16 pairs of OZ101 modules
- 5 Slot J Series holds up to 8 individual or 4 pairs of OZ450, OZ510 or OZ516 modules
- Medical Grade High Efficiency Universal Hot Swappable Power Supplies
- Any module to any slot pluggable platform
- Complex Alarm functions via Micro USB port.
- Front & Rear Panel LED Alarm Indicators
- Optional Dual Fans per side
- Front & Rear Side Fiber Management Bar
- 0C to +60C Operating Temperature
- MTTF exceeds 10 years at +50C
- Extended Bandwidth of 1 MHz – 6 GHz
- Multimode Fiber Compatibility
- CWDM wavelength lasers
- Built-in LNA for Tx modules
- In‐Building DAS Solutions
- Cellular Backhaul
- Remote Antenna Location
- GPS Signal Distribution
- Timing & Frequency Signal Distribution