Optical Delay Line
The Optical Zonu Fixed Delay Line is a standalone flange mount assembly that can implement delays of RF signals up to 70 msec. Delays are proportional to the fiber length within the delay spool. The RF frequency band to be delayed is customizable and based upon Optical Zonu fiber transport modules within the range 10 kHz to 50 GHz.
Each configuration of the fixed delay module is designed for high Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR). The fiber transmitter within the delay module is designed around a high power linear isolated cooled DFB laser diode. Fiber receivers within the delay module feature high performance InGaAs photodiodes. The standard RF interface is 50 Ohm SMA, however K or V connectors may be required for the highest RF frequencies.
LEDs on the module front panel provide status of the laser diode and photodiode. Open collector alarms and monitors are available on the DB9 connector. Optional I2C communication may be enabled to integrate the delay line into Optical Zonu’s Managed RFoF management system. The assembly is powered from +12 VDC.
- RF Frequencies, 10 kHz – 50 GHz
- Delays up to 70 µsec
- -20°C to +55°C Operating Temperature Range
- Approximate Size: 5” x 7.5” x 5.5”
- High SFDR
- Laser Diode and Photodiode Monitoring & Alarms
- Laser Conforms to Class 1 Emission Level per CDRH and IEC-825 (EN 60825) Standards
- Extended Operating Temperature Range, -20°C to +85°C
- Fiber Transmitter Integrated Low Noise Amplifier (LNA)
- Fiber Receiver Integrated Post Amplifier
- Radar System Calibration
- Wireless System Simulation
- Phased Array Antenna Systems
Our Delay Line modules include highly innovative and proprietary technologies. As such, we kindly ask that you identify yourself, and we will immediately send this product’s datasheet to your email address.
*Please note if you experience difficulties and cannot open or download the email link you are sent please click here.